Follow a track or mix and match
There are so many great presentations planned for Build Small 2019, that we just had to share. We’ve broken down the sessions into tracks, so you can better decide which appeals the most to you.
New housing models couldn’t be built without policy changes. Learn about the latest in housing legislation, zoning updates from people who are writing and changing the codes, and the push for infill projects to create more inclusive neighborhoods.
- Radical Regulations – Innovative Housing Legislation on the West Coast
- Meeting in the Middle – Effective Zoning Strategies for Missing Middle Housing
- Making the Case for More Neighbors: Strategies for Passing “Missing Middle” Housing Legislation
Create housing that stands out by having lasting appeal. Get the latest on ADU developments in cost and valuation, hear from experts on how to finance your ADU build, and learn about accessible design for all.
- What’s New with ADUs? Legislation, Development Costs and Valuation
- 2019: The Year of Progress in ADU Finance Innovation
- Universal Design – Introducing Accessible Homes in Residential Zones
Housing trends are most effective when they meet a need. These talks focus on the resurgence of co-housing, temporary housing for those in transition, and how to track the impact of new housing policies in our communities.
- Creating Short Term Communities – Temporary Housing Models Offer Transitional Solutions
- SRO Revival – A Reemergence of Co-living
- Is this thing working? Measuring the effect of your housing tools and incentives
Join us at the Build Small Live Large Summit on Thursday, November 7 for a full day of talks by innovative housing leaders, builders, and policymakers, and consider adding a workshop or the bus tour on November 8.